Basil-Tomato Pasta Sauce Recipe
- 350 grams Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Golden Penny Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 medium Onion (Finely Diced)
- 2-4 cloves Garlic (Minced)
- 4 tbsp Dried Basil
- 1 pinch Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 teaspoon Golden Penny Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Golden Penny Spread
- 1/4 cup Water
- Heat the oil in a pot over high heat until hot. Add the onions and stir until it is soft and shiny.
- Add the garlic. Stir to prevent the garlic from burning. Let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the red pepper flakes, the basil, salt, and sugar. Stir.
- Add the spread. Stir. Let it cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the crushed tomatoes. Stir to remove any ingredient stuck to the bottom of the pot. Reduce heat.
- Add the water. Stir. Add more water if you find it too thick.
- Allow it to cook for 20 minutes to 1 hour, stirring frequently to avoid burning.
- Remove when heat and serve with any Golden Penny Pasta of your choice