Easy Naija Buns
A celebrated Nigerian delight, Easy Naija buns is a favourite for most Nigerians. Crunchy on the outside and soft on the side, this sweet snack is enjoyed by both young and old. It is easy to prepare and can be enjoyed at any time of the day.
- 4 ¼ cup Golden Penny Flour
- ½ cup Golden Penny Sugar
- 1 heaped teaspoon Salt
- 1 heaped tablespoon Golden Penny Margarine
- 2 Litres Golden Penny Vegetable Oil
- 1 heaped teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 level teaspoon Nutmegs
- 2 cups Water
- Put the flour in a bowl, add the ground nutmeg, baking powder, sugar, salt and margarine. Mix all these together.
- Add water in small quantities and mix everything by hand till you have a good blend of all the ingredients. The mix should be much thicker than Puff Puff batter.
- Keep the batter aside for about 10 minutes covered with tray.
- Pour enough oil in a deep pot and allow to heat up. It’s advisable to use a deep fryer for because of the netting.
- Scoop into hot oil in moulds and fry until golden brown.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!