Efo Riro is a delicious soup to enjoy with your Golden Penny Swallow. It is quite easy to prepare and very popular in the western parts of Nigeria. Continue reading to learn this Efo Riro recipe
- 1 bunch Chopped Spinach Efo Leaves
- 100 gram Assorted Meat
- 200 gram Beef
- 2 Smoked Fish
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 2 Seasoning Cubes
- 1 cup Fresh Tatashe & Pepper
- 1 large Chopped Onions
- ½ cup Grounded Crayfish
- 1 tbsp Locust Beans Iru
- Wash the tatashe and fresh pepper, blend roughly. Set aside.
- Wash the assorted meat, put in a pot and place on heat. Add seasoning, salt, onions, and little water. Boil for 10-15 minutes.
- Add beef, cook till tender. Add fish; boil for another 10-15 minutes. Ensure only a little water is left in the pot.
- Remove from heat, set aside.
- Place another pot on heat. Heat up some palm oil in it under low heat.
- Add the chopped onions, ground pepper, and tatashe. Stir fry for about 5 minutes while stirring occasionally to avoid burning.
- Add the cooked meat and fish, stir. Boil for 5 minutes.
- Add the crayfish, locust beans. Leave to boil for about 4 minutes.
- Add seasoning cubes, salt to taste, stir.
- Add the spinach leaves. Stir. Leave to boil under low heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve with any Golden Penny Swallow of your choice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!