GHANAIAN LIGHT SOUP AND GOLDEN PENNY SEMOVITA
There is no better way to enjoy Ghanaian light soup than with Golden Penny Semovita. Ghanaian light soup is made with aniseed, tomatoes, and other spicy ingredients. Just so you know, aniseed is packed with a lot of health goodness, so this Ghanaian recipe is a golden opportunity to have its goodness on your plate.
- First Batch of the Ingredients
- 1 Half pack Golden Penny Semovita
- Goat meat
- 1 teaspoon of freshly grated ginger
- 2 –3 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground aniseed sekoni or another seasoning
- of your choice
- 1 heaping teaspoon of no-salt seasoning or seasoning of your
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of ground dried red chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 small bay leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 3 whole kpakpo shito Ghanaian green pepper, or any
- other fresh pepper
- Second Batch of the ingredients
- 4 washed tomatoes whole
- 4 medium-size onions peeled
- Fresh whole red chili peppers seeded to taste
- 4 cups of water
- Wash the goat meat thoroughly, put in a soup pot. Season it with all the above ingredients in the first batch.
- Stir the goat meat well. Add 1/2 cup water to the pot. cover lid bring the goat meat to a boil under low heat.
- In another pot, add the second batch of ingredients including the water.
- Bring to boil for 10 or 15 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Remove the ingredients from the pot, leaving the water. Grind them together and pour them back to the water in the second pot, along with 4 more cups of water.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon of tomato paste; let it simmer for a few minutes. Add the ingredients in the second pot to the meat.
- Let the soup boil until the goat meat is tender.
- Taste for salt and seasoning. Add a little more water if necessary. Leave for about 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat.
- Enjoy it with prepared Golden Penny Semovita
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!