GOLDEN PENNY DAWAVITA AND GROUNDNUT SOUP
- 1 cup roasted Groundnut
- 2 Table spoons palm oil
- 400 grmas Meat
- 1 bulb Onion
- 1 tbsp Ginger
- 1 tbsp Garlic
- 50 grams Shrimps
- 1 tbsp Pepper as desired
- 1 Smoked mackerel fish
- 2 Seasoning cubes
- 1 tsp Salt
- Season meat with Onion, Ginger, Garlic, Salt and seasoning cubes, Stir and cover to cook till soft. (You can add water to the meat to cook through after it cooks in its own water)
- Blend 1 cup to 1 and a half cup of groundnut with Onions and Pepper to your taste. Blend it with some water till smooth.
- Clean Smoked Fish. Clean and slice the scent leaves.
- Once Meat is soft, add the smoked fish and Palm oil
- Add the Groundnut mix, stir and Cover
- Add seasoning cubes, salt to taste. (You can adjust seasoning at this point but avoid over salting especially if you used salted groundnuts)
- Cook for about 5 to 7 minutes till it's done
- Add Dawavita to a pot of lukewarm water, begin to stir till it’s set.
- Add some water and allow it cook for about 3 to 5 minutes
- Beat until smooth then serve with Groundnut Soup
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!