Crabby Lemon Spaghetti
Looking to try something new and crustacean? This might just be your best bet. The zesty garlic sauce fused with the Golden Penny Spaghetti creates on your tongue a magical world likened to Atlantis. Get your pots and pans out and create magic with this recipe.
- 400 gram Golden Penny spaghetti
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp Golden Penny Soya oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1 lemon juiced
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 lb jumbo lump crab meat
- 1 cup grated cheese
- kosher salt
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 cups fresh sourdough breadcrumbs
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tbsp parsley chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon zest (from 1 medium lemon)
- Cook spaghetti noodles according to package directions. Drain and reserve 1 cup cooking water.
- In large pan over medium high heat melt butter in Golden Penny Soya oil. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly, until fragrant. Add white wine, lemon juice and red pepper flakes. Bring to boil and reduce to simmer and cook for 8 minutes. Add lump crab meat and hot spaghetti and stir to mix well. Add 1/2 cup of cheese and kosher salt: toss.
- Add 1/4 cup of reserved cooking liquid at a time if the pasta needs more liquid. Top with Lemon and garlic sauce and more cheese and serve.
- For lemon and garlic sauce
- In medium fry pan, melt butter over medium high heat. Add breadcrumbs and kosher salt. Stir to combine in butter. Toast breadcrumbs for about 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Be careful so crumbs don’t burn. Remove hot breadcrumbs from heat and add in garlic, parsley, and lemon zest. Stir to combine and add to top of Crab Spaghetti.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!