Spicy Shrimp Pasta
If you are a seafood lover, this recipe is a must-try. The combination of well-sauteed shrimp with our Golden Penny Pasta is heaven in a bowl. Remember to share this recipe with your loved ones, they would love it.
- 400 g Golden Penny Spaghetti
- 2 Tbsp Golden Penny Soya Oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 lb. peeled & deveined shrimp
- 4 diced fresh tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp crushed habanero pepper
- 1 sachet tomato paste
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Handful fresh parsley
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add the pasta, and continue to boil for 7-10 minutes, or until tender. Drain the pasta in a colander.
- While the pasta is cooking, add Golden Penny Soya oil and butter to a large pan over medium heat.
- Add minced garlic and deveined shrimps to melted butter.
- Sauté the shrimp and garlic for 3-5 minutes, or just until the shrimp turns opaque and slightly pink (no longer grey and translucent). Remove the shrimp from the skillet and set it aside until later.
- Add the can of tomatoes with juices to the skillet, along with the crushed red pepper flakes, salt, and some freshly cracked pepper. Stir to combine and let the sauce simmer over medium heat for about five minutes.
- When the sauce has thickened slightly, add the cooked and drained pasta. Toss to coat in the sauce. Add the cooked shrimp back to the skillet and toss to combine with the pasta. Taste and adjust the salt if needed.
- Roughly chop a handful of parsley leaves and sprinkle over top before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!