Break from the norm and try this exotic Couscous recipe. If you love spicy food, this will become your go-to.
Servings 3 people
- 1 large red and 1 large yellow pepper halved and deseeded (leave stalks on)
- 85 g golden penny couscous
- 25 g pine nuts toasted
- handful black olives roughly chopped
- 50 g feta cheese crumbled
- 50 g semi-dried tomato snipped or handful cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tbsp shredded basil
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Pop the peppers on a plate and microwave on Medium for 5 mins, until almost soft.
- Place on a baking tray, cut-side up.
- Meanwhile, place the couscous in a bowl and cover with 125ml boiling water.
- Stir, cover the bowl and leave to stand for 10 mins.
- Stir the couscous with a fork to break it up, then mix in the pine nuts, olives, feta, tomatoes and basil.
- Pile the couscous stuffing into the pepper halves and bake for 10 mins.