GOLDEN PENNY offers contestants the opportunity to showcase their cooking and presentation skills through the following online competition.
By taking part in this competition you shall be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these ‘’Terms and Conditions’’, as may be amended or varied by Golden Penny/Dare2Dream (The Organizers) from time to time with or without notice.
The entrants shall have the responsibility of acquainting themselves periodically with the rules/terms.
By participating in this competition participants agree to receive future marketing material from FLOUR MILLS OF NIGERIA. However, the participant has the right to unsubscribe from receiving marketing material.
All participants must complete this form with accurate information
The competition is open to all people in Nigeria, Male and Female between the age of 18-30 and in possession of a valid means of identity.
All Participants voluntarily consent to participate in the FOOD MEETS FAME Golden Penny cooking talent competition until eliminated or voted out.
The production reserves the right to refuse admission or to eject a participant for behaviour likely to cause damage, injury or nuisance to themselves or to others.
Participants must follow @Dare2Dreamng and @Gpennyfoods on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and subscribe to Dare2Dreamng on Youtube.
The elimination process for each level of selection is based on contestants’ ability to provide unique Golden penny food recipes, the quality of the content uploaded and their final food presentation. The average of these scores is taken to give the final score at each level
PHASE 1: CALL FOR ENTRY – from 29th July closes 14th AUGUST
● Complete this form and submit
● Shoot your 2 minutes cooking video (recipe and presentation)
● Post on either Facebook or Instagram (the more platforms the better…)
● Tag #D2DFoodmeetsFame and #Dare2DreamS6
Submitted video entries will be scored based on:
● Their unique Golden Penny food recipe,
● The final food presentation of such a recipe,
● The engagement generated, and the quality of the videos submitted.
15 shortlisted entries would be selected to attend the Live cooking show.
PHASE 2: LIVE COOKING SHOW – live on 19TH AUGUST
This is the Live Cooking contest that will take place on Facebook live/Zoom video call;
15 participants will be contacted beforehand (on 17th of August) with the exact instruction for the live audition, to enable them to prepare:
1. Contestants must come 15min earlier to the time of zoom call, failure to meet this time will automatically eliminate them.
2. Contestants selected must be live from their kitchen
3. All the ingredients must be chopped before the live cooking show
4. The recipe must featre one or more Golden Penny products and no other brand shall be in view during the video.
5. Contestants will have 1 hour to cook their recipe live while the judges will interview them
FAILURE TO MEET THESE 4 CRITERIAS WILL ELIMINATE THE CONTESTANT FROM THE COMPETITION
● Participants would be judged by a jury of experts selected by the organizers
● The criteria for judging will be based on cooking talent/ability, creativity & presentation as well as ability to present in front of the camera
3 winners shall be selected by the jury and announced on 20th August at 5.30 pm on Instagram live broadcast on Golden Penny and Dare2Dream platforms.
● 1st prize: 200,000NGN cash + a 300,000NGN Recipe Creation contract for 6 months + 1 year supply of Golden Penny products
● 2nd Prize: 150,000NGN cash + a 200,000NGN Recipe Creation contract for 4 months + 6 months supply of Golden Penny products
● 3rd prize: 100,000NGN cash + a 100,000NGN Recipe Creation contract for 2 months + 3 months supply of Golden Penny products
BEHAVIOUR OF PARTICIPANTS:
● Participants agree that they are the original owners of all videos/recipes or other materials presented/uploaded as theirs used during or at any phase of selections and agree that Golden Penny / Dare2Dream will not be held responsible for any issue of copyright or infringement on the part of the Participants.
● Submission(s) must not contain obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory or inappropriate content, or be disparaging to Dare2Dream as determined at Dare2Dream’s sole discretion. Prohibited entries deemed unacceptable by the administrative team will be rejected and disregarded.
● Submission(s) should not contain any third party materials, or otherwise violate or infringe (or possibly infringe) any copyright, trademark, logo, mark, design that identifies a brand (other than Kinabuti, Dare2Dream and GOLDEN PENNY).
● Entries become the property of Dare2Dream and Golden Penny and will not be acknowledged or returned. By submitting an entry/video content, you agree to allow the Organizers to use your entry images and designs (Pictures, Videos and any other recording format) for all the social media, TV, flyers, posters and promotions of any type for publicity purposes.
● Participants or whomever is in the video, by entering in the competition, accepts to and gives Dare2Dream/GOLDEN PENNY consent to feature their images/ entries in future communication of GOLDEN PENNY, Dare2Dream and Campaigns, including but not limited to press features, videos, photos and social media platforms and any other recording format for social media, TV, flyers, posters and promotions of any type.
● The organizers reserve the right, at any time, to verify the validity of any part of an entry and Participant (including a Participant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any Participant who submits an entry that does not comply with these Terms and Conditions or tampers with the entry process.
● Failure by the Organizers to enforce any of its rights during the competition or at any time does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
RIGHT TO CANCEL OR SUSPEND CONTEST: If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned due to the infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, trojan horses denial of service attacks, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Organizers that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this competition, the Organizer reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual(s) who tamper with the entry process, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this competition. If the Organizer elects to cancel or terminate this competition, the Organizer will not retain any rights to the entries.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By entering this competition, you agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless the Organizer, its affiliates, agencies and trusted third parties, and their employees, officers, directors and representatives from any claims, losses and/or damages arising out of or in connection with your participation in this competition (including but not limited to, any error in computing any transaction, any breakdown or malfunction in any computer system or equipment), any competition-related activities and the acceptance and/or use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded hereunder.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION: This competition and the terms and conditions shall be governed by the Laws of Nigeria, and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Nigeria to settle any such dispute or issues.
POST COMPETITION OBLIGATIONS: Entrants agree to cooperate with Kinabuti and the organizers in any post-event publicity where they may be required to appear on television or radio, in printed publications, or social media platforms for which no fee will be payable.
Participants grant Kinabuti the right to, for an indefinite period, use all information provided to Kinabuti through this competition for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes.
All Participants are obliged to read full T&C and go through all guidelines provided by the organizers from time to time. By taking part in this competition you shall be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the ‘’Terms and Conditions’’, as may be amended or varied by (The Organizer) from time to time without notice.