Basil-tomato Pasta Sauce Recipe
|350 grams||Crushed Tomatoes|
|1 tablespoon||Golden Penny Vegetable Oil|
|½ medium||Onion (Finely Diced)|
|2-4 cloves||Garlic (Minced)|
|4 tablespoons||Dried Basil|
|a pinch||Red Pepper Flakes |
|1 teaspoon||Golden Penny Sugar|
|1 teaspoon||Golden Penny Spread|
- Heat the oil in a pot over high heat until hot. Add the onions and stir until it is soft and shiny.
- Add the garlic. Stir to prevent the garlic from burning. Let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the red pepper flakes, the basil, salt, and sugar. Stir.
- Add the spread. Stir. Let it cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the crushed tomatoes. Stir to remove any ingredient stuck to the bottom of the pot. Reduce heat.
- Add the water. Stir. Add more water if you find it too thick.
- Allow it to cook for 20 minutes to 1 hour, stirring frequently to avoid burning.
- Remove when heat and serve with any Golden Penny Pasta of your choice