Golden Penny Garri Cookie
|1 cup or 160 grams||Golden Penny Garri|
|1 cup or 150 grams||Golden Penny Flour|
|1 teaspoon||Baking Soda|
|1/2 cup or 100 grams||Golden Penny Refined Sugar|
|4 tablespoons or 65 grams||Golden Penny Butter (freeze it and dice it into small pieces)|
|1 tablespoon||Water or Milk|
- Mix Golden Penny Garri, Golden Penny flour, Golden Penny, sugar, salt, and baking soda in a large mixing bowl.
- Add butter pieces to the flour mixture mix until it looks like coarse crumbs.
- Beat the egg and mix it into the flour mixture. If the mixture is too dry, add 1 teaspoon of water or milk.
- Divide the dough into 20 equal pieces. Roll into balls. Place on baking sheet.
- Slightly pat the dough down into patties. Use a fork to create some pattern on top if you like.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. NB: The longer you bake, the crispier the garri cookie.
- Remove from the oven. Let the cookie rest for a minute.
- Transfer to a cooling rack.