Miyan Taushe Soup
|1 pack||Golden Penny Masavita|
|680 grams||Pumpkin (peeled and cut into chunks)|
|680 grams||Goat Meat Chunks|
|½ cup||Palm Oil|
|½ cup||Roasted Peanuts|
|7 large||Ripe Tomatoes|
|284 grams||Chopped Spinach (fresh or frozen)|
|142 grams||Sorrel Leaves (if unavailable, increase the quantity of spinach)|
|¼ cup||Ground Dry crayfish|
|2||Shrimp Seasoning Cubes|
- Prepare the Golden Penny Masavita according to package instructions.
- Chop onion and 2 tatashe. Set aside.
- On low heat, braise the goat meat with the chopped onions, tatashe, 1 tsp bouillon and 1 tsp salt for 30 minutes or until the meat is tender.
- While the meat is braising, blend the tomatoes, fresh pepper, 1 onion, and two tatashe. Pour the tomato mix in another pot and cook on medium heat until the sauce thickens. To prevent it from burning, reduce the heat.
- Once the meat is tender and done braising, add the pumpkin chunks to the pot of goat meat with the braised. Add two cups of water. The water should just cover the pumpkin chunks and meat. Cover and boil for 15 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender.
- While the pumpkin is cooking, grind the peanuts in a blender, food processor or pound with a mortar and pestle until it forms a rough paste. Set aside.
- Once the pumpkins are tender, smash the pumpkin chunks with the back of a spoon, add in the crushed peanuts, tomato paste, crayfish, and bullion and stir the stew. Cover and cook for 5 minutes
- After the stew has cooked for 5 minutes, add in the palm oil, spinach and sorrel leaves. Cover for 10 minutes on low heat.
- After 10 minutes, taste the stew for seasoning and adjust the salt if necessary.
- Turn the heat off and allow the stew to sit for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with Golden Penny Masavita.
It’s that simple to make! Please share your thoughts and questions on this recipe in the comment box.