Naija Pound Cake
|4 cups||Golden Penny flour|
|2 cups||Golden Penny Margarine|
|1 tablespoon||Vanilla Extract|
|1 tablespoon||Baking powder|
- Grease your baking pan with some margarine, dust it with some flour, and set it aside.
- Mix flour, baking powder and nutmeg in a bowl and set aside.
- Add the rest of the butter (at room temperature) together with the sugar into another bowl or a mixer and mix thoroughly until it’s smooth and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one by one, mixing each egg into the mixture before adding the next one. Add vanilla and mix.
- Pour flour mix and milk into the cream mix from step 4, alternating between flour and milk. That is, pour some flour, then pour milk, and mix thoroughly.
- Pour your batter inside the baking pan and bake for 1 hr 20 mins – 1hr 40 mins, till the cake is golden and caramelized on the sides or till a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Leave to cool or serve hot.