SIMPLE STOVE-TOP MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE
|2 tablespoons||Golden Penny flour|
|1 pack||Golden Penny macaroni|
|300 – 400 grams||Grated Cheese|
|1||Green Bell Pepper|
|1||red bell pepper|
|1 tablespoon||Crushed Chili Flakes|
|1 tablespoon||Golden Penny Pure Vegetable oil|
- Wash your peppers, remove seed and dice into small cubes, then set aside till you are ready to use.
- Place the macaroni in a pan, cover with enough water, add salt and bring to boil till al dente, drain and set aside.
- Place a pan to medium heat, add vegetable oil and heat for 1 minute. add the diced peppers and stir fry for about 2 minutes, add seasoning cube, and crushed chili flakes, and cook for another 4 minutes till pepper is soft but still crunchy.
- To make mac and cheese, add milk to a pan and bring to boil on low heat for about 5 minutes, mix the flour with water to form a paste, then add the flour paste to the milk and whisk till its lump-free and creamy texture is achieved.
- Add the cheese to the milk mixture and continue to whisk till it’s lump-free and very creamy and cheesy.
- Keep an eye at this point as the mixture can thicken up quickly. Once you’re happy with the consistency of the cheese sauce, reduce the heat or take it off the heat completely before the next step.
- Add the drained macaroni to the cheese sauce and mix thoroughly, then add the stir fry and mix with until evenly coated. Serve immediately.